A Bucket List for Summer Fun
Summer. A time to relax, unwind, and enjoy what the sunny season brings. From movies and concerts to picnics and hikes, summer has loads of activities to offer. Although after a few weeks most teens and young adults run out of things to do and end up with the “I am bored on the couch watching TV” type of summer.
Luckily, I am here to put an end to that mindset and jump start your summer with 41 bucket list ideas that apply to any city!
- Go to a drive through wildlife safari or the zoo
- Visit your local Farmer’s Market
- Volunteer at a Humane Society
- Float in nearby river
- Go tour your state’s capitol
- Try kayaking
- Find a recipe and make it
- Have a bonfire
- Attend a live concert
- Meet someone new
- Visit a friend in another city or state
- Read a book
- Go thrift shopping
- Watch the sun rise
- Go to an art gallery
- Participate in karaoke night
- Take a pottery class
- Go on a hike or walk a trail
- Celebrate your half birthday
- Go to an amusement park
- Watch a movie at a drive-in
- Attend your state fair
- Make your own popsicles
- Go to a baseball game
- Relax by the pool
- Wakeboard or water ski at the lake
- Visit a local coffee shop
- Go fishing
- Plant a flower or a tree
- Participate in a running or walking 5K
- Rent or use a bike and ride around your city
- Attend the premier of a movie
- Go to the beach
- Clean out your closet and make some summer money
- Go rollerblading or indoor ice skating
- Fly a kite
- Attend a yoga class
- Have a favorite movie marathon (Disney, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings)
- Go camping
- Document it all
Inspired by this list are some common themes. For example, enjoy the outdoors. Stargazing and flying kites might remind you of your youth, but the carefree days outdoors don’t have to be over. Grab a friend and hit the park, you will not be disappointed by the adventure it brings.
I strongly encourage you to use this as a muse for your own bucket list. Enjoy this summer, mark things off the list, take pictures to remember each activity by, and make a bucket list collage when you finish!
Pearson Students – which of these ideas do you see yourself trying this summer? Share by commenting below!
Danielle Foster is a student at the University of Mississippi, known more commonly as Ole Miss. She is majoring in Hospitality Management with a minor in Business, and serves as a Pearson Campus Ambassador. Danielle loves being busy and is heavily involved on campus due to her passion for Ole Miss. She is an Orientation Leader and participates in many campus organizations including Phi Mu, Safe Ride, and the Associated Student Body. Danielle also works for Ole Miss Athletics as a student manager for football and as an intern for the Ole Miss Admissions office. Originally from San Antonio, Danielle’s favorite things include Texas, Ole Miss, running, and Drake.
Danielle is a Pearson Student Insider. To learn more about the program and apply, click here.