6 motivational quotes for the ambitious college student
College is full of trying times and tribulations. With so much continuously going on and changing, experiencing a loss of motivation at times is completely normal. Here are a couple quotes that gave me that extra boost throughout the years when I was feeling down or overwhelmed and I hope they can give you some guidance as well.
On Our Daily Lives:
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” –Aristotle
On Your Purpose
- “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” –Mark Twain
- “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress; working hard for something we love is called passion.” –Simon Sinek
On Your Relationships
- “I’ve leaned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” -Maya Angelou
- “Success is never owned it is only rented; and the rent is due every day.” –Rory Vaden
- “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” –Napoleon Hill
At times, staying motivated is hard for me because I’m still so far away from reaching my goals. Although we should praise ourselves for our recent accomplishments, don’t lose sight of the goals and success you desire that may take months or even years to achieve. Have those goals and voice them to as many people that will listen, it’s my personal way to stay accountable to what I want to achieve.
While there is no perfect answer on how to stay motivated throughout the difficult times, I find the best advice to give is to always stay true to your self. Sometimes it is easy to go through cycles trying to please other people, but if what you are doing, whatever that may be is completely dedicated to yourself; you will have a better chance at staying motivated and be willing to see that the hard work you put yourself through each and every day pays off.
Sterling is a driven and goal oriented student currently studying marketing and communications at Texas A&M. She grew up in a small town in south Texas and found bliss through being active, developing long lasting relationships, and traveling. She finds happiness in personal growth, education, and experiencing new things. Growing up the middle child out of five, she naturally developed into an instinctual leader driven by ambition to make a difference. She is humbled by her experiences during her upbringing, from traveling to tragedies; she looks back with appreciation for life, and is grateful for all experiences. She has always been extremely involved in academics and extracurricular activities. She is currently working two jobs while in college, taking a full course load, and is highly involved in two Greek business organizations. She is always on the run, but wouldn’t have it any other way.