Understanding kids these days: 2016 PreK-12 student snapshot infographic
The Student Snapshot: Grades PreK-12 in the United States infographic places the most pertinent facts and figures about today’s preK-12 students right at your fingertips. The information compiled by Pearson researchers includes the latest data on student enrollments, college readiness, demographics, Advanced Placement, SAT exams, college transfers, and mobile device usage. It also includes a new section on how teens view online and blended learning. If you want more details about any particular data point, just click on the image to link directly to the source.
Key points include:
- Seventy percent of students like online and blended learning because they can go at their own pace.
- One in 10 public school students has an ELL background.
- 1.3 million students are homeschooled.
- Two thirds of high school graduates enroll in college within a year of graduating.
Some of the questions the Student Snapshot answers:
- How many students are enrolled in public school, private school, and homeschool?
- How many students take AP exams and pass?
- How many students graduate high school and enroll in college?
- What devices students own and which they use at school on a daily basis?
- What percent of 13-18 year olds have taken an online or blended course?
- What students like best about online and blended learning?
About the Author
Laura Coaty leads the Learner Insight program for Pearson North America. She is a passionate student advocate with over two decades of experience researching the needs and behaviors of both learners and educators.