Pearson Announces EQUELLA 5.2 Digital Repository Solution
Learning Content Management System Adds Enhanced Search, Stronger Integrations with the LMS
Denver, April 24, 2012 — Pearson today announced EQUELLA® 5.2, the latest version of its award-winning digital repository that allows users to search, create and manage content online.
EQUELLA provides a central platform for an institution’s teaching and learning, research, media and library content management needs. Institutions can easily search in one location for all of their content—video, custom eBooks, presentations, lecture captures and more—all tagged by metadata, such as learning outcomes, grade level and relevant keywords. EQUELLA places no restriction on the content type or file size, and all content is protected using the repository’s permissions, digital rights management and copyright functionality.
“With a series of rapid enhancements, EQUELLA continues to be the industry’s most innovative digital repository. Institutions of all types can better manage and share valuable learning assets and further maximize their content management investments,” said Matt Leavy, CEO of Pearson eCollege.
EQUELLA 5.2 offers these features:
- Enhanced search interface that auto-populates suggested search terms as the customer types.
- Integration with the Kaltura video platform, so customers can distribute streamed video content.
- Improved “Push to LMS” support to improve usability, including enhanced sorting and filtering.
- Enhanced classification management that allows institutions to use any controlled vocabulary terms that address size and composition considerations.
- Enhanced discovery of EQUELLA items in search engines.
- Introduction of REST APIs that allow customers to further customize, integrate and extend EQUELLA.
For more information, visit http://www.equella.com.
Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, has global reach and market-leading businesses in education, business information and consumer publishing (NYSE: PSO). The company provides innovative print and digital education materials, including personalized learning programs such as MyLab/Mastering; education services including custom publishing; and content-independent platforms including the EQUELLA digital repository and Pearson LearningStudio for online learning programs.
Media Contact: Susan Aspey, susan(dot)aspey(at)pearson(dot)com or (800) 745-8489
- Pearson Launches Online Workforce Education to Address Skills Shortage in High Demand, Industry-Based Jobs (pearsoned.com)
- Pearson Leads 2012 Software & Information Industry Association CODiE Awards With 11 Finalists (pearsoned.com)